Let me first say I think Bright Ideas Press is AWESOME! Not only do they offer a multitude of homeschool curriculum; everything from Science, History and Geography to Literature, Maps and more! But, they also have great customer service and are homeschool veterans. Meet the team.
I had my first experience with Bright Ideas Press back in November 2010 when I had the opportunity to review Christian Kids Explore Chemistry and then again in May 2011 I reviewed WonderMaps. So, I was thrilled when I was chosen to review Christian Kids Explore Physics.
“Bright Ideas Press publishes curriculum that moms love. We promise to publish Christian-oriented curriculum that will fit into your hectic life, curriculum that is both affordable and easy-to-use with children of different ages at the same time. The team at Bright Ideas Press prays that our products and resources will not only simplify your life but also inspire, encourage, and enable you to effectively educate your children.”
The universe that we live in is the result of God’s thoughtful design and careful building. Physics gives us a glimpse into the materials, laws, and structures of that universe.
Christian Kids Explore Physics is geared toward students in grades 4-8. There are 30 easy to understand lessons; divided into 6 units, designed to help develop an understanding of matter and energy and the rules they follow.
Lesson are ~
What Physics is All About
The Composition of Matter
Molecules and Mass
Solid and Liquid Matter
Change in States of Matter
Motion in Straight Line
Motion in a Circle
Radio and Television
Light and Color
Earth’s Magnetic Field
Sample Lesson 18
Sample Lesson 19
Each lesson is fairly short, allowing the student to grasp a small amount of information at a time, so not to overwhelm them.
Lesson or Unit includes ~
- Preparation: a short introduction about the material covered in each lesson and provides a list of unit objectives, vocabulary words, and a list of materials needed for that unit.
- Teaching Time: (per lesson) presents a topic that builds an understanding of some aspects of physics.
- Review It: five fill-in-the-blank review questions.
- Hands-On Time: Hands on activity at the end of each lesson. These activities allow the student to become the physicist while reinforcing some of the concepts taught.
- Coloring Pages: one coloring page per unit.
- Think About It: critical thinking exercise concerning the results of the hands on activity.
- Unit Wrap Up: multiple choice questions at the end of each unit
Bright Ideas Press recommends that for our very young or less-advanced students, that we read the lesson first and then explains it to them at their level. However, our older or more-advanced students can complete the lessons independently.
You know what make this new edition so great? The easy to use Resource CD. The Resource CD offer Materials Lists, Daily Lesson Plans, Bonus Literature Study Guide, and All Reproducibles, such as:
- Unit Reviews
- Follow-Up Questions for each lesson
- Coloring Pages
- Activity Charts
I love how Bright Ideas Press has the ability to present a subject such as Physics to students in a fun easy to understand manner. I also love how inexpensive their products are.
The new 2nd Edition of Christian Kids Explore Physics is available for $39.95. To purchase this or other Bright Ideas Press products, check out their website.
Be sure to read what my fellow TOS members had to say about CKE Physics, Chemistry, Earth and Science, and Biology.
** Disclaimer: I received a PDF of Christian Kids Explore Physics workbook and the Recourse CD from Bright Ideas Press free of cost in exchange for my honest, unbiased, and fair review.